He was born in 1977 in Arenys de Mar (Barcelona). Studied architecture at the Superior Architecture Technical School of Barcelona,Spain, graduating in 2004. Currently, He is a architect collegiate at COAC (Official College of Catalonia architects). During his university stage, He formed an arquitectural study called NEA with office in Barcelona. Since 2004 he has worked as a freelance professional. Since 2001 he has collaborated with different offices and architects in the realization of several types of architecture projects. He He has worked mostly in Barcelona and surroundings. He is passionate about design design and furniture and since 2002 has participated in design and architectural contests where He has been awarded several times. His furniture designs and architectural works, including interior design, have been exposed in Bilbao, Santiago de Compostela,Teruel and Madrid and He have been published in several international media. His flagship project is the house Olas! that has been posted in countries such as China, Greece, Rusia, Brasil or UK among others. His motto sums up its philosophy: “Architecture is to undress an idea, to dress the matter”. Restless and self-taught person, He made himself his website where He share his works and artistic concerns:
NO DISTRACTIONS OR STRIDENCIES…. JUST SILENCE. IT’S AMAZING HOW A COMBINATION OF MATERIALS CAN LEAD A MOOD, A SENSE OF STILLNESS AND PEACE THAT CONNECTS WITH OUR INTERIOR.
I have developed an space to work (domestic study) or have informal meeting with guests or friends that is conceived as the quiet and orderly place that allows us to move away from the noises and stress of the city.
The selected trend to reinterpret is PEACEFUL. The traditional Japanese architecture, its respect for nature and its compositional order have been an inspiration in the search of this “apparent” minimalist but with a hidden design complexity. In traditional Japanese houses the space is modulated by the tatami (its texture, color and size are based on the human dimension). In this case, It was essential for me, to use the large formats available. My “tatami” would be the format 119,5×119,5 cm of the pieces of the collection TECNOLITO PERLA and LAYERS BLANK00. These pieces would be framed by a white metallic profile, creating a modulation, reminding also the walls of the traditional Japanese houses. Through this modulation and the large format, the ceramic acquires the appearance of prefabricated panel more than the traditional wall tiled. A new way to show this material.
The work area or meeting is visually connected with a courtyard that brings mental serenity. The Japanese term “Danshari” defines a simpler life liberated from disorder, not only material but also mental and emotional.
The materials have been delicately chosen as They transmit cleanliness, serenity and through its materiality, connect with the natural element. They express both the strength of the material itself and the softness of its arrangement as lightweight panels which is emphasized by a linear light at the bottom of the walls.The elements seem to levitate and in addition, the whole space is visually unified. Materials have the warm tones of the trend. No stridencies. The material for the walls is TECNOLITO PERLA, which has an extremely warm green tone. Two pieces cover the whole height.
All the other solid elements are characterized by a parallelepiped shape, a synthesis of the minimal style, and are tiled with LAYERS BLANK00 in white tone to contrast in of the set. Some elements emphasize its mass and geometry: A very wide shelf, a a body flown above the stove and the metallic circular pillar in the middle of the space by giving it a square shape more in accordance with the project.
For the pavement, the collection INNER STEAM in a very clear grey tone but with light white betas emphasizes its petrea identity linking it with the natural environment. The grouping of selected materials creates a sensation of SILENCE , emphasized with:
• The ethereal and subtle atmosphere of the PEACEFUL trend is completed by an upper stripe of smoked colored glass backlit with LEDS that gives the sensation of having natural light at the top. The effect of the backlit in
these glass is spectacular and pervades all.
• Wood stove with a relaxing view of the fire simulated with a virtual display or trunks that simulate burning.
• A Contemplation courtyard with dry garden (karesansui) that enriches its surroundings with its indirect light . There are natural elements such as gravel and a twisted trunk, beautiful in itself. A suspended ceiling limits the space because the garden’s proportion had to be necessarily more related to the human scale.
• Wall E is curved and It features ventilation grilles for technical equipment. A backlit metallic curtain adapts to any curvature and allows ventilation. A simple contemporary solution increasingly used nowadays that gives a modern touch.
• A modern wire chair dialogues with the metallic curtain providing a current aesthetics emphasized with its color.
• The table have solid and geometrically pure bases that would be tiled using LAYERS BLANK 00. A chromed profile supports the glass (maximum transparency in these two elements).
• This geometric aesthetic lamp surprises by its immateriality and visual effect.
• The Glass vases made with recycled material provides different tones to the wall.
• A wire cactus raised to the minimum expression, dialogues with the courtyard’s trunk, unifying both zones.
• The existing staircase is conceived like another geometric element similar to ceramic furniture, with steps in LAYERS BLANK 00. If it was possible to act on the edge, it will be tiled using TECNOLITO PERLA to emphasize this sinuosity.
IN THE FACE OF THE CURRENT NOISE AND ACCELERATED RHYTHM, LET US LIVE THE PAUSE AND LET US SEEK SILENCE. SOMETIMES…WE NEED IT.